Re: Cheap Z-Wave

I believe you do - I think the harmony just acts like a Z-Wave
lightswitch would (but let us know how you get on with it).

Even with a PC controller, it's more convenient to use a remote as the
primary controller in the system.. Z-Wave devices can only be added and
removed from the network if the controller is within 2m.  They need to
be added when in their installed location (so that the mesh network
routing is correct) - obviously a remote is a little more portable!

I've finished writing my xPL Z-Wave application. It includes a
configuration app that can be used for network management, so even
non-xPL users may want to take a look at that.  It will be going up on
my website later this week (I left my new web-page text at work, or it
would have all been posted this weekend!)

Mal