RE: NAS recommendations? - was 'Watchdog software?'

Thanks Andy, I'll take a proper look tonight.

=20

Marcus=20

Ps... sorry about hijacking the 'Watchdog' thread, I forgot to change the
s=
ubject when I initially posted :-(

=20

=20

Linkstation Pro and Linkstation Live currently catch my eye (I'd buy one i=
I wasn't about to move house)

There's also a fairly active hacking community for them:
http://linkstationwiki.net/index.php?title=3DMain_Page
<http://linkstation=
wiki.net/index.php?title=3DMain_Page>=20

Andy

On 30/04/07, Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx <mailto:marcu=
s.warrington%40mis-es.com> > wrote:

> As part of on going drive to reduce my electric bill (currently paying
> =A3111 a month!) I'm thinking of getting some kind of low powered NAS
de=
vice
> to use
> as a server for video and music.
>
> Currently all the movies and mp3's reside in the MP3 jukebox machine
(ol=
> 800 Duron running XP + XLobby). If I can move the data off onto a NAS
th=
en
> this machine can go into suspend/hibernate mode when no one is playing
> music.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonable, cheap NAS ?
>
> I'm currently looking at the NSLU2 "slug". Its cheap and
plenty of hacks=
..