Re: Watchdog software?

Personally I'm not impressed with my NSLU2. Two things....
If it's not hacked (and mine isn't apart from the latest linksys firmware)
it has corrupted two NTFS formatted USB drives. I "think" it's
caused by
turning off the NSLU2 when the drive is connected to "disk2" on
the NSLU2. =
think from memory NTFS is not supported on disk2 ... but seems to work..
apart from when you turn it off or reboot. I would of liked to add a simple
plug timer to turn the whole thing off.. but I haven't managed to get the
power on switch hack working..... so it's sitting in the loft with nothing
connected. I'm thinking of going down the samba and mini-itx board route as
I now distrust the slug. I streamed only to two devices (one dvd and one
music)over wireless and this seemed to work fine for my DVD (4 gig .ISO)
an=
.APE music collection that I keep on the USBs
Your mileage may wary though.

Hope that helps.

On 30/04/07, Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>   As part of on going drive to reduce my electric bill (currently
paying
> =A3111 a month!) I'm thinking of getting some kind of low powered NAS
dev=
ice
> to use
> as a server for video and music.
>
> Currently all the movies and mp3's reside in the MP3 jukebox machine
(old
> 800 Duron running XP + XLobby). If I can move the data off onto a NAS
the=
> this machine can go into suspend/hibernate mode when no one is playing
> music.
>
> Does anyone have any recommendations for a reasonable, cheap NAS ?
>
> I'm currently looking at the NSLU2 "slug". Its cheap and
plenty of hacks.=
.