Latest message you have seen: Fw: C-Bus now does energy monitoring...

Re: allofmp3 to close...

  • Subject: Re: allofmp3 to close...
  • From: "Mal Lansell" <mal@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 15:45:04 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "milesy1981" <chrismiles@...>
wrote:

> Good Ridance I say.
>
> None of the money they were taking was going to the artists.
>
> As a music writer myself (and a circle of friends who are
professional
> music producers) - we all know how much the fat cats take which we
all
> hate.. but there was still SOME royalties reach the guys who wrote
and
> produced the music.
>
> Chris

True, although I have to say that during the time I used it, I spent
an awful lot more than I would have done if I was buying CDs.

Perhaps if legit music downloads were priced more reasonably (79p
for one track? I don't think so), and didn't come with all sorts of
stupid restrictions, volume might pick up sufficiently that the
total revenue actually increased despite the lower price.  That
would be better for everyone.

Mal