Latest message you have seen: RE: guidance on cat5 wiring a house?

Re: Could be useful project, anyone tried this?

  • Subject: Re: Could be useful project, anyone tried this?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 18:59:17 -0000

Hi Dave,

I would be interested in the pictures and the schematic.

Also which model in the argos catalogue is it?

Regards=20

Gary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "David Ward" <d.ward@...> wrote:

> I use a cheap Argos =A38 doorbell to start our shower pump remotely.
>=20=20
> Our shower head is at almost the same height as our water tank so
the flow switches on the shower pump don't always start reliably.  I
have a wireless doorbell transmitter hidden in the wall cavity behind
the shower controls which is triggered by a reed switch and a magnet
in the shower control knob itself.
> The receiver sits next to the shower pump and it's modified output
drives an old relay coil which is cable-tied to the flow sensor reed
switch housing.
>=20=20
> The cheapest wire free doorbells that Argos and Wickes sell have a
PCB that has spaces for extra components,  by changing a link and
moving the Amplifier transistor you end up with a receiver that gives
an open collector output pulse of 5 seconds or so every time the bell
button is pressed.
>=20=20
> For our shower start circuit I added a simple one shot circuit RC
and Schmitt inverter circuit to save transmitter battery power as the
unit takes power all the time that the button is pressed.  It's only
been running now for 6 weeks, so I can't say how long the transmitter
battery lasts.=20
>=20=20
> If anyone is interested I'll see If I have pictures and the schematic.
>=20=20
> Dave
>   _____=20=20
>=20