Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Window 7 connecting to a Win 2003 Domain

RE: DIY Cable shielding

  • Subject: RE: DIY Cable shielding
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:29:26 -0000

No need to sheild it.

A speaker cable is balanced (what flows up one wire flows back down the
other) so will reject interference to a certain extend even though it isnt
twisted. It is also very low impedance so to induce any significan noise
the
electromagnetic field would have to be extremely strong. At that strength
the effect of the field on my speaker cable would the least of my worries.

Keith.