Latest message you have seen: Re: How to avoid interference ?

RE: TV distribution amplifier recommendations

  • Subject: RE: TV distribution amplifier recommendations
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 14:04:02 +0100

> > Do you *need* to split out the TV & FM signals before the
amp?
> > Even though the Loftbox has separate inputs, is this just
convenient to
> > save you combining separate TV & FM feeds? (if you had them).
Can the
> > Loftbox accept TV & FM through the TV input? (I would suspect
it might)

> That I don't know.  Hopefully someone with a bit more
> electrical/technical
> background (Keith?) is able to answer this.

It depends HOW the unit mixes the two sognals together, if they are just
passively mixed then there is no difference between

Aerials       Distribution Amp

88-108 >>>>> FM>>>>\
\
+>>>>>> 88-108 + 470-860 for distribution
/
470-860>>>>> UHF>>>/

Aerials       Distribution Amp

FM input not used     FM>>>>\
\
+>>>>>> 88-108 + 470-860 for distribution
FM and TV premixed           /
88-108 + 470-860>>>>> UHF>>>/

If however, there are Bandpass filters on the inputs then the out of band
signal would not get through in which case split them first and feed them
into the repescive inputs.

HTH

Keith