Latest message you have seen: RE: Any one at the Smart Home / Self Build show tomorrow?

Re: Electrical Terminolgy Help Needed

On Mon, 26 Sep 2005 16:18:31 -0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a battery charger which requires a 12V 2AMP input. I have a PSU
>which says its Output is 12V 10.8VA
>
>What does 10.8VA mean?

VA = Volts X Amps - i.e. Watts.  For DC VA = W, for AC it may
differ.

Doing the math shows that your PSU gives less than an amp - so
won't be enough!

Check whether *both* units are DC, or both AC.  IMHO I would expect
than a PSU that quoted VA would be AC output.  Is the charger AC
input?

Regards,
Harry.