Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] really annoying multi-monitor issue

Re: [OT] Is Sky + as crap as I think it is ?

>> My Sky+ works and has worked from day one
>
> Judging by the number of negative posts on Sky+ this morning you are
> lucky.

Can I point out the problems seem to be with Sky+160, not the original
version, Only probs I have had is a couple of lock-ups, which a cold boot
sorted.

Im also of the opinion that the standard HD size TiVo and Sky+ is big
enough, it kinda forces me to ensure I watch recordings within a reasonable
amount of time, otherwise I risk losing them(if i don't mark them as KEEP).
With a Big drive I know I'll end up with a Large Drive filled with programs
I haven't watched yet, and will be unlikely to get the time either.

I find it hard to get the time to watch Sky+ as it is :), and other TV
programs I may have aquired on my PC ;o)

> Sky+ has some great facilities, but it also lacks the ethernet/web
> connection that allows me to stream TiVo to my Mac, and easily move
> programs
> to the Media server, or burn DVDs.  There's also no web interface to
allow
> seaches, remote programing etc.

Agreed, but then TiVo doesn't have these either (as default, without
hacking) And while I'd love these features, I suspect we are in the
minority, Sky has to play to the masses, hence the unattractive, but
readable UI. I STILL feel the 2 tuners is an absolute killer, it FAR
outweighs all the other features/add-in's for TiVo.

And bare in mind , I did LOVE my TiVo !!!

> M.

D.