Latest message you have seen: Re: Fw: Simple Multi Room Audio help

RE: XBOX and XBMC - First Purchase Advice Needed...

  • Subject: RE: XBOX and XBMC - First Purchase Advice Needed...
  • From: "Sullivan, Glenn" <gsullivan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 08:51:42 -0500

Quick Synopsis:

The pinout can be had here:
http://www.gamesx.com/avpinouts/xbox.htm

As you can see, the xbox has all the signals present in it's AV connector,
=
but only switches them on based upon the "selection Pins"

The trick is to attach your own connectors to the correct pins, and create
=
some way for you to select which mode the box is in.

I used dip switches... A "4" block, and I just used the last
switch for som=
ething completely different, also automated related though.

I took an X10 universal module and attached it to the enable switch
connect=
ors on my Xecuter.  Then I pulled it out of its happy plastic case, and
bod=
ged it onto the xbox's power supply's power connectors directly, so it can
=
read an X10 on/off signal off the power line.

Then, a simple script on my Demon Spawn's PC which, when clicked, either:
A. Enables the mod chip, and adds entries to my internal DNS server that
po=
int Xbox Live to 127.0.0.1 (essentially disabling any Xbox Live
Communicati=
on)
Or
B. Disables the mod chip, removes said entries, and does an
IPConfig/FlushD=
NS command.

The 4th dip switch is used to flip a transistor and either connect the
exte=
rnal enable switch, or connect the internal X10 enable switch.

(Please note, modern day bioses make this mod unnecessary, since they
disab=
le access to Xbox live while loaded)

Glenn Sullivan