RE: [OT] More info on upgrading the Mac mini

  • Subject: RE: [OT] More info on upgrading the Mac mini
  • From: "Tony Butler" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 10:35:33 -0000

>         1.     Apple "does not recommend" that users upgrade
> the memory
> themselves - you're supposed to have a service provider do it
> if you want to add more after purchase - but doing it
> yourself does not void the warranty unless you damage
> something. A booth person told me the memory slot is easily
> accessible once you get the case open.

David,

Do you have any idea how many memory slots there are?
Eg, if I got a 256Mb version today, would I need to chuck it away and
replace with a 1Gb stick later on maybe?
Also, what type of memory does it take?
As a confirmed PC lover, I am shocked to find myself considering one of
these little beauties.
I watch the apple and MS keynote speeches and gates was drab by comparison.
MS just seem to be pushing "more of the same", whereas at least
Apple had
some new product - and the iLife suite just seems sooooo usable.

Cheers,

Tony.