RE: Server hardrive failure - HELP

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Server hardrive failure - HELP
  • From: "Mick Furlong" <hiltoneltd@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 01:01:12 +0100

Dean

first take a deep breath and count to 10.

1. exactly what happens/what messages appear  when  you try to boot? did
th=
drive spin up?
2. Have you tried using a boot floppy? If so what happened?
3. if you don't have a bootdisc either create one from another system or
dowload one from http://www.bootdisk.com/

Assuming that the drive really is kaput (which I am not at all certain of
>from
recover data from the drive such as putting it in a freezer (taking
appropriate precautions to protect the drive and prevent condensation on
removal) but if the data is as important as your email indicates then I
would suggest using a professional service (one of the list members....
Calum Morrell.... I think provides such a service)

I won't ask about back ups.

HTH
Mick