RE: Server hardrive failure - HELP

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Server hardrive failure - HELP
  • From: "aashram" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 12:27:38 +0100

I have been in you exact position.=0D
=0D
it sounds like it is not that bad if the drive is being recognised.=0D
is it spinning up to normal speed. =0D
=0D
first thing is not to swtich it and fiddle with it too much.=0D
it can make the matter worse.=0D
=0D
is it a IDE drive or scsi ?=0D
there is alot of software out there to recover drives=0D
or like you said you may want to get professional help.=0D
=0D
he is one trick that worked for me.=0D
put the drive as a slave in the win2000/xp machine.=0D
startup a windows xp/2000 machine=0D
can you read the drive ? if not=0D
does the OS see the drive ?=0D
what happens when you try to access it ?=0D
=0D
This all advice I got from a hard drive engineer from the states=0D
when I had problems.=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D