RE: Re: Probe Hub Update

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Probe Hub Update
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:04:09 +0100

Hi Graham,

I agree with most of your comments particularly about the way a single
switch works in that a short press will either turn on or off whereas a
longer press will cause it to dim up or down.

Just two things I disagree with...

1."this approach won't be much use with momentary switches as several
can
connect to a single LD11"

Because all the switches are in parallel, monitoring the voltage on any
switch will show any other switch being pressed.

2. "HomeVision does keep track of what it thinks the state of each
module
is, but this is based purely on the commands passed through HV."

Not quite true. Homevision will monitor X10 transmissions on the powerline
and use those to track levels even though HomeVision may have played no
par=
in the action eg using an IR543 to turn on the lounge lamps. It will
howeve=
be totally oblivious of any changes to LD11's if the wired switches are
use=
as no X10 transmissions occur. Using any form of X10 controller will give
Homevision some chance of tracking what is going on but it will still be a
"best guess" attempt and unlikely to be accurate.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv