RE: Re: X10 dimmable Transformers for LV halogens

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: X10 dimmable Transformers for LV halogens
  • From: "Nick Broughton" <mail@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2003 07:49:47 +0100

Hell!  10mm cable for 200w over 4m.  I'm planning on putting the lamps in
the kitchen.  It's about 3m from one end to the other and I thought I'd put
the transformers in the airing cupboard - it's basically across the landing
>from

Do I _need_ to put the transformers in the ceiling void to get the cable
size down.  Is that calculator relevant to all transformers or just the
ones
that tlc supply.

There's also a warning about voltage drop/colour temperature on the
calculator page if more than one lamp is used on a single transformer.  I
was planning on putting up to 4 lamps per transformer.  Do I need to worry
about this?  One of the reasons I've decided on LV Halogens is the colour
temperature.

Nick