Re: [ot] one for the networking guru's

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [ot] one for the networking guru's
  • From: "yhkeppy" <keith@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:00:21 -0000

Paul,

Try running a test yourself rather than relying on the manuf's
numbers (though if you have this type of setup i doubt you'll find
any book details). Use perfmon - i'd be interested in hearing the
results (i normally work with large disk installations in SAN and
DAS setups, so i'd be interested in seeing how your system measures
up).

Keith

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:

> Ah, but I'm not talking about any old SCSI HDD's - I have a
striped array of ultra fast SCSI LVD 160 HDD's - this is a
requirement of my top end video edit station that can play THREE
streams of D1 digital video SIMULTANEOUSLY in an edit!!! :)

> I'll need to check the max performance as I can't remember the
speeds - but it's way over 20MB per sec.

> Paul.

Assuming