Re: S/P DIF connections and Sony STR-DB925 amp

R> Just about to build myself an Epia machine around the M10000. The
board
R> has an S/P DIF connector on the back and I've never used these
before.
R> Looking on the back of my amp I currently have OPT DVD IN which is
R> connected to my DVD player and there is also a COAX DVD IN, can I
just
R> connect up the Epia to this or will the amp not like having two
machines
R> connected, or would it be ok as long as they are not switched on
R> together? Also is this a special cable or can I just use a bog
standard
R> phone cable to test it.

Electrical SPDIF is designed to use 75 ohm coax, but for short lengths
any reasonable screened cable short work.

>From the terminology I would imagine that both the optical and
electrical inputs got to the same input circuit, so it would be one or
the other - unless you have a high end amp that has assignable inputs.

Bill