S/P DIF connections and Sony STR-DB925 amp

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: S/P DIF connections and Sony STR-DB925 amp
  • From: "Rowdy" <aoop43@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 23:05:33 +0100

Hi All,
=20
Just about to build myself an Epia machine around the M10000. The board
has an S/P DIF connector on the back and I've never used these before.
Looking on the back of my amp I currently have OPT DVD IN which is
connected to my DVD player and there is also a COAX DVD IN, can I just
connect up the Epia to this or will the amp not like having two machines
connected, or would it be ok as long as they are not switched on
together? Also is this a special cable or can I just use a bog standard
phone cable to test it.
=20
Thanks,
=20