Re: Anyone got a MCE2004 box?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Anyone got a MCE2004 box?
  • From: "Adam Stevens" <adam@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2003 13:26:12 +0100

I don't own Sky+, so I may not be familiar with all of it's features,
however MCE *is* a PVR with EPG, so to that extent, it is like Sky+.
However, my understanding is that it still needs the decoded Sky single, so
it sits between your Sky decoder and your TV, rather than between your dish
and your TV.

What it won't allow you to is watch one Sky channel while you record a
different Sky channel (unless you have an additional Sky digibox, which in
effect is how Sky+ allows you to do that).  In this repect, it works like a
Tivo.=20

Adam.

"David Harris" <dh140770@xxxxxxx> wrote in message
So it doesn't work like SKY+ ?=20

It's kind of like using (A)utoview and streaming the video to a Hard Disk
then ?
----- Original Message -----=20