Re: Discovery documentary seeks house

On Monday 06 Oct 2003 4:54 pm, cmoorhead2003 wrote:
> My name is Craig Moorhead and I'm producing a show for Discovery
> International tentatively titled 'Bulletproof'.  We're doing a

Fantastic Craig!! I've no HA worthy of a mention on the box, but there are
plenty of people here who have, hopefully they'll reply.

Are there any plans to produce more programmes on HA? Usually it's just a
part
of another program, as in this case, but I think that when you look at the
scope of HA, there's plenty of material for a short series. Personally I'd
love to see a programme that took the major elements of HA (Security,
Remote
Control, Lighting & AV) and made a series of programmes around the
planning,
purchase & installation of equipment in each area. If the more complex
areas
such as Security & Lighting could easily be spread over two shows. The
fact
that there are two distinct categories that installations fall into
(retro-fit & new build/major refurb) means even more scope for demos,
how-to's etc.

I really enjoy the "This Old House" shows where they incorporate
some element
of HA into the build, they're among my favourite shows on TV, never mind
just
on Discovery.

I don't know the internal workings for deciding how popular a TV show might
be, but if you look at the traffic on this list, and the number of
subscribers we have, I'm sure you'd see that HA has an increasing following

And I'm sure there's enough characters on this list to find a presenter(s)
for
it too :-)

Either way, I hope the show's a success and you find a suitable HA'er to
feature, be sure to let us know when it's on air, then we can set our
Tivo's
:-)