Re: WAY OT: Mobile Phone Calls

> Sorry for the OT. But, I know there is a fountain of knowledge on this
> list.
>
> Has anyone had any experience of using 'PremiCell' type units attached
> to phone systems for reduced 'landline to mobile' costs?
>
> I seem to be getting 'blank looks' from our current telco suppliers?

Nokia made the Premicell years ago and it does exactly what you
describe. They have now replaced it with the Nokia 22 and Nokia 32:

http://www.nokia.com/nokia/0,8764,183,00.html

It's as simple (ahem) as buying a SIM card and linking the Nokia box to
your PBX. I set one up so we had Orange to Orange rates when calling our
salesforce as opposed to BT to Orange rates.

If you need any more information, drop me a line.

Gerard