RE: [Slightly OT] Plastic Paint??

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [Slightly OT] Plastic Paint??
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 15:58:59 +0100

Err trust me (See my email address.) VinlyKote is VERY different to the
retail product PlastiKote.

Both will do a reasonable job and should stick no problem. Because of
the nature of the product VinlyKote will cope with surface movement
better. I.e. Less likely to crack if the substrate is flexed.
Not necessarily and issue dependant on use.

The biggest issue is that ALL plastic coatings are liable to scratch,
not such a problem if coating similar colours, but if going from cream
to black then scratches are going to show.

The 'ultimate' plastic paint is by a US manufacturer called SEM. Best to
coat the surface with an adhesion aid first.

Mail me off list if you need a supplier in the UK (Not us btw!).

PREPERATION OF THE PAINTED AREA IS THE KEY!

Many thanks

Rob Mouser