UKHA 2003 update (and some other random stuff)

A belated Happy New Year to everyone, I got back from two weeks
skiing in Canada yesterday.

I thought I would update you all on the progress towards UKHA 2003. I
have now received cheques covering about 30 people for each of the
two days which equates to a little over two thirds of the total cost
of the venue. This means that even if no more bookings were received,
we would still have enough money to cover the main room. So UKHA 2003
is now a certainty!

I am extending the early booking deadline to the end of next week as
the hotel do not require a deposit until then, so if anyone wants to
take advantage of that rate then send you cheques in soon. I will not
be paying any cheques in to my account until the 20th of this month.
Any cheques received after then will be paid in immediately.

I will start communicating with some of the other
organisers/presenters soon to begin to prepare the agendas, equipment
lists and other organisational stuff later this month. I will
continue to update this list with progress and I would assume that
agreed items will be posted here and on Mark's site as and when they
are confirmed.

Now for something completely different. Just before I went on holiday
I managed to get hold of an Archos Multimedia 20
(http://www.archos.com/lang=en//products/prw_500282.html) which is a
fantastic little toy. It is basically an MP3/Video jukebox with a
20Gb disk and some additional add on modules, it also has a small LCD
screen which can show stills and video. I got the unit, the camera
module (takes stills and video) and the card reader modules (CF and
SD). There is a very active (about 2500 members) yahoo group for the
unit (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/archosmultimedia) discussing lots
of stuff including upgrading the hard disk (very easy apparently, I
will be putting a 40Gb disk in mine soon) and ripping DVDs to view on
the unit. I intend to use it as a mobile version of my MP3 collection
and my photo collection as well as using it to carry movies on trips
(the unit has video and audio out so can be plugged in to a TV). When
I get round to upgrading the hard disk and ripping some DVDs, I'll do
a review for Mark's site.

Finally, I turned off my e-mail from this (and other) yahoo group
between 18/12/02 and 05/01/03 so if anyone posted a message here that
they think I would be particularly interested in, or something you
think I should comment on, then please let me know. I do not intend
to browse back via the web interface to see what I missed!

Regards

Graham

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor