Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Control of heating (X10/Comfort/HV etc)
  • From: "psghome2002" <psghome@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 10:32:18 -0000

I've been looking at both the RCS TX15B as sold on Lets Automate and
the upcoming Honeywell Smartfit interface with Comfort.

I need some advice and ideas as to what others have done to control
their heating (no AC).

Ideally I'd like to be able to control setpoint, get a report of
current temp, confirm heating is on/off (bidirectional X10 or hard
wire I guess), set up 7 day program and turn heating on depending on
alarm state (i.e. on when day mode & unarmed, off when night mode
but turning on in the morning, off when away or holiday).

I've got an Ideal Classic LXFF & FF fanned flue gas boiler with an
ACL Lifestyle LP522 controller with one thermostat.

I think I need a reasonably sophisticated system. Any thoughts /
comments?

Thanks,

Paul.