Re: Video ripping question?

> if this is too much for the list, someone scream, and we will take it
> private....

NO, please don't stop, I am reading with great interest. I have an ISA
Movie
Machine II card by FAST. I have being trying to capture video from my Hi8
video camera for editing with adobe premiere for the last....5 years. I
have
kept upgrading my PC with the belief that one day it would capture 25fps of
video and reasonable audio without dropping frames. I started with a
pentium
60, then 200 and now a AMD 1Ghz...but still can not capture VHS quality
without dropping frames after 2 or 3 minutes. I am very interested in
anyone
who is having success in this area and with which hardware? I was under the
belief that the MMII card was special because it had hardware MJpeg
encoding
but from the sounds of what your saying, I would be best buying a new video
card?

What hardware works?

Any feedback on any of the above would be very appreciated

Thanks

Mark Johnson