Re: UTC’s Interlogix division to close down by end of 2019

On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 7:25:04 PM UTC-5, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Sunday, September 22, 2019 at 12:59:25 PM UTC-4, Hogan wrote:
> > Has anyone seen this,
> >=20
> >    "UTC=E2=80=99s Interlogix division, makers of a variety of residenti=
al and commercial security product lines, has notified its employees and de=
alers that it has begun the process of =E2=80=9Cwinding down=E2=80=9D busin=
ess in the United States and Canada, and will no longer manufacture new pro=
ducts by the end of 2019."
> >=20
> > Hogan
>=20
> Surprise Surprise!
>=20
> I don't get it. What's the purpose?=20
>=20
> Is it that these large companies just  buy up smaller companies, suck the=
 life out of them and discard them ? I mean it's not that Interlogix had an=
y great secrets or something that would benefit UTC to the amount of $1.82 =
BILLION !!!
>=20
> Amazing!

Doesn't have anything to do with big companies buying smaller companies, it=
 has to do with not staying competitive which was happening long before UTC=
 came into the picture. 2GIG, Qolsys and Alarm.com pretty much did them in =
not UTC

I'm surprised they didn't try selling them off to someone else, they still =
sold a lot of equipment, the Concord NX series were excellent panels