Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

On 1/12/2019 9:12 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 1/12/2019 8:03 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
>> On Friday, January 11, 2019 at 6:22:32 PM UTC-5, Hogan wrote:
>>> If you can get a direct connect adapter, you can access the panel and
>>> change whatever you want, even if they changed all the lockout
>>> parameters. But, it would be easier for a homeowner to just buy a
>>> board as others have said, and just program it the way you want.
>>
>> One could also try every one of the possible permutations of numerical
>> codes ��� but �� "AS OTHERS HAVE SAID", it would be easier to just buy
>> a board and program it the way you want.
>>
>> What do you think Les? Rocky? Anyone else think that it would be
>> easier to buy another board?
>>
>> Come ON. Lets hear it from everyone !
>>
>> Buy another board!
>> Buy another board!
>> Buy another board!
>>

> Jim,
> I said it days ago.
>
> This new guy either did one of three things.
>
> Did as I said and bought a new board
> Just never came back to find his answer.
> Is still looking for a better answer.
>
> Jim, you are right trying to crack a 8 digit code would be nuts.
> Better off playing the lottery.
> You would find out much quicker that you lost.
>
> Les

yea, our standard answer to lost codes is to replace the board or
complete panel..
(( we have made a phone spook to directly hook our laptop to a panel and
bypass codes to enter programming mode.. but that's on Honeywell's and
doesn't work on all manufacturer's.. ))
Never tried it on a Caddix.

--

*Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.*