Re: Master Code Reset - Caddx NX-8

On 1/26/2019 4:04 PM, toolguyma@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> May I jump into your group?
> I need help.
>
> I bought a Nx-6 panel off Ebay, (I paid $7 plus $3 shipping).  Its locked and I should just toss it, BUT I am stubborn and stupid.....
> I have NX590 and I can connect to the panel via TCP/IP then it errors on reading Module 0, wont let me read or write.  It will let me look at the "keypad status" so I think I am really connected?
> I downloaded NXprog, it opens saying "finding COM error" saying it cannot find the file specified.  Can i flash this board via the NX590?  Where would I find the encrypted file the NXprog is looking for?
> Any backdoors (or interior rooms) that I can default this panel?
>
> The rest of the story......
> I have a NX-6 board monitoring my home,  I have doubled the zones.  It randomly alarms on zone 10.
> Its NOT the wiring, resistors or contacts - have switched all (several times), and have concluded its a problem with the circuit board with always zone 10.  Bought this replacement board to replace mine.  Not sure if I am up to the task but would it be an option to switch the main "chip" on the board where the locked info is stored?   At this point both panels are useless to me but not so skilled on de-soldering.
>
> THANKS!
> J.J.

I will copy/paste what I typed on 1/5/2019.  Only difference will be if
you must get a NX-6V2 but the NX-8V2 is worth the little extra dollars.
Simple:  Buy a new board a swap it in................

https://www.google.com/search?q=NX-8V2&oq=NX-8V2&aqs=chrome..69i57.179742289j0j4&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Have a better day!!

Les