5834-4 key fobs intermittently stop working with 5881-ENH receiver connected to Vista 20p

I have a Vista 20p panel with 2 6160v keypads and recently added a 5881ENH =
receiver so I could add key fobs.  I successfully programmed the system to =
enroll 2 5834-4 key fobs in high-security mode.  I did program them to asso=
ciate each with a user and did a go/no test to ensure they are enrolled and=
 working.

Here is my question/issue: randomly the key fobs stop working temporarily. =
 And it=E2=80=99s not always the same key fob that stops responding.  Somet=
imes they both work, sometimes only one, sometimes only the other, sometime=
s neither.  And without any specific action on my part, they may start work=
ing again.

The 5881 is mounted in the closet next to the Vista panel.  It's about 45 f=
eet max away from the front door.

I don=E2=80=99t know enough about how the communication works, but is it po=
ssible for it to temporarily get out of sync?   How do I figure out the iss=
ue so it becomes totally reliable?

Thank you!