Re: Form B Reed Switches on Wireless Alarm Sensors

On 7/25/2018 9:40 PM, Jim Davis wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 25, 2018 at 2:07:25 PM UTC-4, ABLE1 wrote:

>>> Hmmmm!
>>>
>>> I didn't notice anything different.
>>>

>> Hi Jim,
>>
>> It might have been the color of my hair or something that
>> I don't have any of...............
>>
>> I do know that recently I had spent hours+++ on a NVR trying
>> to DL some video to a flash stick.  Only to find out later
>> that the procedure is undocumented.
>>
>> Now you may say, what so difficult in that??  Well, when
>> you choose the video files to export and then click on OK.
>> Nothing and I mean nothing pops up indicating that files
>> are being written to the flash stick.  I finally figured
>> out that if I click on Ok and then walk away for about
>> 15 minutes that upon return the files were there.
>>
>> Only after I demo'd for the local sales rep. and he was
>> puzzled as well, was it pointed out by some other
>> corp-tech that "Oh, you need to click on that icon in
>> the upper right hand corner to see the files that are
>> being written to the stick.
>>
>> Absolutely nothing in the docs.  Under pressure to get
>> the files before they get over written.  Hours of time
>> wasted.  Anyhow it was not enjoyable.
>>
>> As for what I typed here, I guess I could sugar coated
>> it a bit.......... maybe..............
>>
>> Maybe I should have asked if he is thinking of a
>> Form B HELD open or energized magnetic reed switch.
>>
>> A â??Form Bâ?? would mean the contacts are Normally Closed
>> or NC when the coil of the relay is not energized or the
>> there is no magnetic field nearby in a reed switch.
>>
>> A â??Form Aâ?? would mean the contacts are normally open or NO
>> when the coil of the relay is not energized or the there
>> is no magnetic field nearby in a reed switch.
>>
>> Hence why I asked if it was a trick question.
>>
>> Guess we shall never know.
>>
>> Les
>
> Well �� Thank you Les, for the refresher course in relay contact configuration. But all of that can be eliminated if you use a form C ���. so there!
> .
> I know all that information is in this brain somewhere just waiting to be called upon the next time I come across a relay. ( Or, like the new trainee with the "Electroix background" said ------------- "Wot's a relay")
> .
> (That reminds me of my favorite over the desk poster that says " Sex mons ago, I count evan spel injunear, now I are one")
> .
> [...]

Thanks Jim!!

BTW have you or anyone called NAPCO tech support recently??
If not, call during the day(busy time) and see how long you
can suffer being on hold. RAP music would be a blessing.
I don't want spoil the pain by typing the experience here.
If you have then you already know.  If not then dial 800-645-9445, 1 , 1

Also Jim, all of what you typed above is absolutely accurate.
The mfg's use US as their QC Dept.  PITA

Later,

Les