Re: need to start a small alarm monitoring station

On 9/5/2017 5:25 PM, ABLE1 wrote:
> On 9/5/2017 11:07 AM, Jim Davis wrote:
>> On Monday, September 4, 2017 at 8:20:00 PM UTC-4, RTS wrote:
>>> I liked the phone system We had when I was in
>>>          the Air Force,
>>> We had these long wire things with a plug on
>>>          the end.
>>> When the light over the wire come on you pulled
>>>          the wire out and plugged it into a jack which in turn went to a
>>>          phone..
>>> When the light went out you unplugged the wire
>>>          and put it back in its hole..
>>> Damn thing worked every time..
>>> No muss no fuss, no computer.....  ;-)
>>>
>>>        Rocky T. Squirrel, esq.
>>>

>> Yep, that was the government version of
>>
>> Two Dixicups and a string.
>>
>> That is ...... if anyone remembers what a Dixicup was.
>>
>> The word is not even in the spell correction library. (that's kinda
>> sad/funny)
>>

> Jim,
>
> Actually, as I remember it was Dixie Cup not Dixicup.
> But then my memory has been failing over the past 70 years or so.
>
> Thanks for the memory refresher!!
>
> Les

The flu epidemic after World War I put paper cups in even higher demand.
Faced with the growing number of companies entering the cup-making
business each year, Hugh Moore changed the name of his product in an
effort to set it apart from the competition. In 1919 the Health Kup
became the Dixie Cup, named for a line of dolls made by Alfred
Schindler's Dixie Doll Company in New York. Success led the company,
which had existed under a variety of names, to change its name to Dixie
Cup Corporation and move to Easton, Pennsylvania.