Re: I heard some news

>"Robert Campbell" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>On Saturday, December 9, 2017 at 3:11:35 PM UTC-5, Jim Davis wrote:
> Does anyone know what happened to Jim Rojas?

>If this is true, I am truly surprised. I dealt with Jim on this newsgroup
>for a decade and a half, plus I met him once personally while in Florida,
>and he  didn't >strike me as the kind to deliberately get involved in
>something like this. I'd like to hear his side of the story before coming
>to any conclusions. I know he >made some enemies along the way, and he may
>have done other things after his involvement with alarms stopped, but THIS
>is not how I ever thought he >would end up.
>
>Jim, if you can read this, take care of yourself.

I believe Jim was involved with or owned a international freight forwarding
/ re shipping service.
I think amongst other things he would forward product to overseas purchasers
from vendors that will not ship outside the US.
Jim may have been duped by a customer and have inadvertently been forwarding
prohibited items or he may have turned to the dark side.
I read that 90% of cases are plea bargained out in the US, this can result
in innocent people pleading guilty to receive a lesser sentence since they
are unwilling to roll the dice when a trial and a guilty verdict can result
in draconian sentencing

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.security.alarms/yt8ek02D3IM

Whatever the true story, I wish Jim all the best

Doug