Re: Brinks BHS2000D Hack

On Wednesday, February 15, 2017 at 9:09:09 AM UTC-8, omarro...@xxxxxxxxx wr=
ote:
> On Monday, January 2, 2017 at 9:13:05 PM UTC-5, Jacob Grahn wrote:
> > On Wednesday, October 3, 2007 at 11:17:51 AM UTC-7, Anonymous wrote:
> > > It's really not that difficult. All you need is the Arrowhead PGM670 =
programmer, or any programmer that will change the values on the chip. The =
BHS2000D uses a 94C46, which is standard in the alarm industry.
> > >=20
> > > Angry Man In Gauteng
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > >=20
> > > Do It Yourself Home Security Alarm Forum. Ademco, GE Security, DSC, V=
isonic, DIY Forum
> > > Technical Support =3D> General Technical Questions =3D> Topic started=
 by: john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM
> > >=20
> > > Title: Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: john rivers on November 24, 2004, 07:23:56 AM
> > > Hi,
> > >=20
> > > I have a Brinks BHS-2000d that came with the house I just bought. I w=
ant to change the alarm code from what the previous owners had. Can someone=
 tell me the pin out for the terminal connection on this model (I could jus=
t trace the runs on the circuit board back to the processor but I was hopin=
g someone could just tell me).
> > >=20
> > > Is it a standard serial connection? If so what is the baud rate setti=
ng? How many characters does the password have, or if all the boards use th=
e same password, what is it? Thanks in advance for your help.
> > >=20
> > > Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: Security Monitor on November 24, 2004, 08:15:25 PM
> > > John, The Brink=E2=80=99s 1000 and 2000 series panels are not designe=
d for programming except with a special programmer.  Even if you manage to =
connect to the system (through the panel programming connection) you will n=
eed the panel code to access the information.  Should you manage to enter t=
he correct information and read the information in the fields, unless you k=
now the corresponding numerical field and data sequence, it will just read =
a numeric value in each field.  The Brink=E2=80=99s system also uses a laye=
r programming, so each field will control many functions of the panel=E2=80=
=99s programming.
> > > Example, you enter field 100 (for discussion sake). You may know that=
 a 3 in that field means it will send a message to a pager.  So you enter a=
 3.  What you don't know is that field also controls the sirens shut off th=
at requires a 2.  So to send a message to your pager and also keep the sire=
n shut off timer in place you need to enter a 5 (3+2), but it also controls=
 the panel's motion delay with a 4.  So to have it call your pager, shut of=
f the siren after 20 minutes and still permit you to have an entry delay on=
 the motions, you need to enter a 9 (3+2+4).  As you can tell, it requires =
knowing the numerical value for each function controlled by that field.  Sh=
ould you get hold of a technician programming guide, you will also notice s=
ome default values, like a 1 for that field.  That means that 1 controls so=
mething they don't even want a tech to mess with so they don't say what it'=
s for except that the value for what's programmed is increased by 1.
> > > Should you attempt to connect via the phone line, you will also need =
the downloaders code AND you will need to know the remote programming acces=
s field and numeric values to enable the panel to accept the changes.  This=
 isn't something they show on any sheets and isn't even known by their non =
tech center staff.
> > > The short of it is, it's not something you want to go playing around =
with.  You could end up having the siren blaring for 1 hour every time you =
open a door, and sending a fire trouble each time you walk in front of the =
motion.
> > >=20
> > > Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: dave on November 25, 2004, 06:26:09 AM
> > > for the amount of aggrivation you are intending to go through, why do=
n't you just replace the panel before all of that....Brink's stuff is propr=
iatary and made by Scantronic, and IMHO junk.
> > >=20
> > > Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: john rivers on December 02, 2004, 02:49:25 PM
> > > Thanks for your advice guys, you talked me out of trying. The alarm w=
orks. It turns on the siren when the door is opened and the siren goes off =
when the alarm code is entered. I just was not comfortable using the previo=
us owner's code so I wanted to change it. I guess I'll just live with their=
 code.
> > >=20
> > > Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: Apex on December 04, 2004, 04:18:09 PM
> > > If it's just the user code you wish to change, check your PM mailbox.=
 :)
> > >=20
> > > Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: dingussquatbird on June 07, 2005, 09:51:27 AM
> > > I recently bought a house that has a BHS-1000C already installed.  Th=
e previous owner did not give me the code to unlock the panel... what are m=
y options? How long is the numeric code that enables/disables the alarm, 3 =
digits, 4 digits... ?  I talked to Brinks and the salesman that came out to=
 the house said that the system would run unmonitored (which is my preferen=
ce), but it had to be unlocked first.  They are going to charge me to unloc=
k the system plus make me sign up for 1 year of monitoring, at a cost of ab=
out $350.  If anyone has any ideas on what I can do, please let me know.
> > >=20
> > > Thanks!
> > >=20
> > > Title: Re:Brinks BHS-2000d hack
> > > Post by: brade8 on June 07, 2005, 06:21:18 PM
> > > They gave you a bunch of bull crap.  The panel will work just fine no=
n monitored.  Brinks is the only company or person that can unlock that pan=
el cause they use there propriatary equipment.  The salesmen didn't use the=
 right lingo.  All that would need to be done is to disable the phone optio=
n and change the code to whatever you wanted.  If you know the code already=
 then u shouldn't need them at all.  I don't know there equipment since the=
y are the only company that use it because they like to stick there custome=
rs with the idea they can never switch alarm companies without changing out=
 there panel.  Very bad way to do business.  Theres no way you need to sign=
 a contract for them to unlock it for you.  Unlocking wouldn't help you any=
ways.  This salesmen had one thing in mind.  MONEY!!!  He doesn't make any =
money unless you sign a contract so thats what he did.  Made sure you signe=
d some kinda contract so he would make money.  You can buy a new panel for =
cheaper then that.  It would be way better then there junk and you can do w=
hatever you want with it.  You can even get it monitored with any company y=
ou want.  Just make sure you don't have wireless cause it probable won't wo=
rk with any other system.  If there is wireless on it then you would have t=
o replace the wireless also which would easily cost more then 350. If I wer=
e you I would get rid of that brinks system.  PS the user code is usually 4=
 digits or somtimes 6 on rare occations.
> > > Brad
> >=20
> > I'm really sure nobody will read this, but does anyone have any brinks =
systems or related programmers? I'm willing to pay if needed, so please con=
tact me if you have one.
>=20
> Are you still looking?
Yes