Re: Communication issues with Kantech Entrapass Corp Edition

Cmarti5 Wrote:

>Multiple issues with system randomly not responding to cards.
>Messages about communication issues and controller battery power failures.
>System seems to reset when I restart computer but eventually, we're right back
>to the issues.
>Any idea what I need to do to fix this?  Not a techi here so no clue what's
>wrong or what to do.
>Other messages - "Door lock device failure" , "Loop communication failure".
>We had a technician out here last week who basically just shut down the system
>and reset it, but the problem is back again.
>We're in an industry where we cannot afford for anyone to not have access to
>the building.

I would start with the power, especially since you're getting battery
errors.  You need to find a company with a Kantech tech.  Where are you?

--

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
 deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Ben Franklin