Re: Please recommend a non-monitored system

On 01/14/2015 08:55 AM, strangways@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> hello,
>
> I'm looking for a a system  that will alert me if anyone tried to break into my home a night.
> There are only a few possible entrances to my home, I want put sensors on those doors and if they are tripped a loud siren will sound. I will install it myself.
>
> Any other features would be a bonus, but that is my basic requirement.
>
> Can anyone suggest a system? Thanks

You just described a monitored system.  Unfortunately most alarm
companies in the US install a system and have it monitored by a contract
monitoring company for a small fee (read small service) and leave the
maintenance and management to you.

I recommend a local Central Station Alarm Company who monitors the
system themselves and maintains it.

John
American Sentry Systems, Inc.