Re: Why ADT Monitoring is better.

On Sunday, May 20, 2001 12:55:23 AM UTC-4, Public <Anonymous_Account> wrote=
:
> ADT provides the best monitoring service in the industry.
> As a informed customer you should look for two things when
> selection a monitoring service to protect your home or
> business.
>=20
> 1. The monitoring center should be UL listed.  This means that
> the central station has been inspected by UL and found to meet
> their standards.  Many insurance companies require their high-
> security customers such as banks and jewelry stores have both
> UL inspected systems and monitoring service.  It follows that
> a central station held to these high standards would better
> serve the needs of any security system owner.  It's too bad that
> many small, local companies farm out their monitoring services
> to unknown third party centers or attempt to monitor the systems=20
> themselves often using a room in someone's home as a central station.
>=20
> 2. The second thing to look for when selecting a monitoring company
> is redundancy.  Ask a representative from your local alarm dealer
> what would happen if his central station was hit by a tornado, hurricane,
> earthquake or other disaster.  How long would your home or business
> be subject to looting with no alarm protection?  Chances are you would
> have been evacuated and would be unable to verify whether or not
> anyone was monitoring your system.  ADT has the only fully redundant
> monitoring system on the planet.  Only ADT customers would be protected
> in a disaster since, if one central station was destroyed, another could
> simply start monitoring the accounts.  In fact ADT has five central=20
> stations located in the United States alone.  Each one is capable of=20
> monitoring all of the accounts in the ADT network.
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
>=20
> ---
> This message did not originate from the Sender address above.
> It was posted with the use of anonymizing software at=20
> http://anon.xg.nu
> ---

Well as a past ADT third party dealer, I have come to the following conclus=
ions about ADT monitoring. It is far too hair trigger for my customers, wit=
h ADT not taking the time to go through the calling list thoroughly before =
calling police. They also do not recognize cancel codes properly, so too ma=
ny of my customers are getting $135 police dispatch tickets for no reason. =
I currently use another large Canadian company [Reliance/Protectron] and ha=
ve been largely satisfied over the years with their more customizable respo=
nse. However, with ADT having purchased them recently, it's anyone's guess =
what will happen to their stations long term.

On the other hand, ADT internally are excellent to deal with, since they ha=
ve the resources to set up procedures internally to accommodate your needs.=
 However, after 30 years in the business, and having taken over hundreds of=
 ADT accounts, I am very leery of them, since many are poorly installed, wi=
th things like smoke detectors not even hooked up [believe it or not]

Bottom line, with ADTs insanely high prices for service and warranty, and o=
ften long wait times for needed service, it would seem to me that just abou=
t any other company is a better choice for residential installations [with =
the exception of scammers like Alarmforce of course....]

It always frustrates me when I see clients choosing ADT as their security p=
rovider based on advertising alone, with little to no investigation of othe=
r resources.=20

The triumph of advertising over common sense....