Re: Ring My Bell

"Bob La Londe" <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:lkero5$277$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I have to say even after a couple decades in the business I still find new
>ways to do something dumb.  I was working on a jobsite over the weekend and
>got a 4 foot drill bit stuck in a hole.  After I had the wire tied on of
>course.  I gave the wire a yank and the drill came flying out to crack me
>butt end first right on the chin.  A little higher or a little lower and I
>might not be typing this message.  It hit hard enough to ring my bell and
>stagger me slightly.  I was on a ladder at the time.  Fortunately, I
>maintained my balance, just barely.  I guess my misspent youth helped with
>that some.  LOL.

Had something similar a while back.  Had a flex bit that got stuck in the
hole as well.  Except it was still connected to my corded 1/2" drill.
Before I could get my finger off the trigger it dialed in at max torque with
a turn and a half.  Slipped out of my grip and the butt end handle caught up
with the twist and slapped me along side my cheek and nose.  Needless to say
it rang my bell as well as seeing the Milky Way not to mention the bloody
nose............................  Thankfully I was not on a ladder because
if I would have been it would have been a totally different day.

I would buy Joe's book in a heart beat!!!  LOL

Les