Re: I singed up for Obamacare!

G. Morgan wrote:
> JoeRaisin Wrote:
>
>> On 12/4/2013 6:57 AM, BurfordTJustice wrote:
>>>
>>> "G. Morgan" <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>> I actually made it through the entire process yesterday on healthcare.gov
>>> to get insurance for next year.  The process was easy, and there were
>>> minimal lags.
>>>
>>> I've got good news.
>>>
>>> I saved 23.7% on my health insurance!  The plan I picked seems to be
>>> better than the one I have now too.
>>>
>>> I also got dental for $9..99/mo.
>>>

>> Did you actually get confirmation from the insurance company that you
>> will, in fact, have that policy?  Did you write a check yet?
>>
>> I understand the web site gives you a form saying you are signed up but
>> it doesn't communicate with the insurance companies.
>>
>> Like that first guy who came out and said he bought his policy and he is
>> happy - the network (I think it was ABC) checked with Humana (I think)
>> and they had nothing at all on the guy.
>>
>> Just pointing it out - there is more bad information on the ACA website
>> then there is accurate - coming from BOTH sides.
>
> No I haven't.  I tried to pay right away (there is a "pay now" button),
> but it doesn't do anything!
>
> I guess I need to call the number for the carrier to see if they got it.
> I heard in one instance a guys dog got insured, it was an answer to his
> security question!  The company supposedly resolved it right away.

Is it just me, but if you consider the annual deductibles which will
never decrease if no claims filed, and the undisclosed subsidies based
on income...Isn't this just another white collar welfare program
designed for the healthcare industry?

I don't see where the average family comes out the winner here, unless
they are hit with a catastrophic claim. And most times that is just a
one shot deal anyway if you die as a result.

Maybe I am looking at it the wrong way...

Jim Rojas
8002 Cornwall Lane
Tampa, FL 33615-4604
813-884-6335