Re: DSC 1404 zone doubling

On Friday, April 26, 2013 7:12:07 PM UTC-7, mleuck wrote:
>=20
> I thought the same thing, you are better off using a 1616 instead, I can'=
t understand why anyone would release a panel that didn't do wireless these=
 days

OK, I'm curious... why does this panel exist?  I had a quick look at DSC's =
site... http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=3Dproducts&o=3Dview&id=3D1399 ...and=
 see nothing about it that makes me want to use one instead of a 1616 or an=
 1832.

And if the new keypad is the selling feature, I don't want one of those eit=
her... http://www.dsc.com/index.php?n=3DProducts&o=3Dview&id=3D1400 ...it r=
eminds me of the old (circa PC2550 or so?) keypads designed to be flush mou=
nt into a single-gang electrical box.

I can't remember the last time I installed a system with 4 or less zones.  =
I definitely haven't thought I really need fewer zones, codes, keypads, par=
titions, events on the event buffer, and possibly zone/PGM types.  If anyon=
e from DSC is lurking, please explain why I should use this panel rather th=
an a 1616 or an 1832.  Is this going to be a $20 panel and you're just goin=
g for a low price point?  If so, I'm still not buying it.

And remember, I prefer to use DSC panels.

- Chris