Re: Using self contained siren with a siren driver

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 8:57:43 AM UTC-4, Mike rock wrote:
>=20
>=20
> One other thing I noticed is that the +12V bell output from panel,
>=20
> goes to the  input of  the siren driver and only hooked up to "Yelp",
>=20
> and nothing was hooked up to "Steady". Does this mean in the event of
>=20
> a fire alarm, it will not sound a steady tone, only a yelp tone?

It depends upon how the Napco panel and siren driver were programed (if it'=
s a programable driver)  but typically, the siren will "warble" steady for =
a burglary and will warble intermittantly for a fire.=20

Now days, I use a voice siren driver that verbally announces either a burgl=
ary or fire. You are actually a good example of why. From your post, it sou=
nds as if two possibilities exist in your installation. ... 1, Your install=
er programmed your system with a driver with only one output or ... 2.... y=
ou have not tested the system to know the different sounds your system make=
s to indicate a burglary and a fire alert.=20

In such a situation, if you were to be awakened in the middle of the night =
with the siren going off, I'm sure you wouldn't know whether to grab your g=
un or a bucket of water.=20

With the voice siren driver you know immediately what the situation is.