Re: DSC phone line technical support is terrible

On Monday, May 28, 2012 9:20:51 PM UTC-4, tourman wrote:
> On May 28, 7:57=A0pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Monday, May 28, 2012 4:51:46 PM UTC-4, tourman wrote:
> >
> > > RHC: And so the beat goes on....(sigh)
> >
> > Sorry Robert.
> >
> > He needs to be disrepected as much and more than he disrepects others .=
..

> > I'm a nice guy, I'm a nice guy, I'm a nice guy.
> >
> > Then I'm not.
> >
> > It's not an obsession. I'm not infuriated or angered. It's just a justi=
fied response to a rude person.

> > It's as I mentioned previously. Anyone who acts that way does so delibe=
rtly. It's no accident. I isn't just a slip of the tongue. It's intentional=
. So ... is the proper response to ignore it? I don't think so. If it's ign=
ored .... then it just becomes alright to do .... anytime ... to anyone. It=
 deserves at least an equally rude reply. Turning the other cheek just gets=
 you another slap and then another ...... and another and ....etc ...only t=
he stupid would think that's the better choice.

> > We should all be concerned if someday the "meek" do inherit the earth. =
I think that quote should be considered a threat, not a sought after goal.

> > Reminds me ...... Don't know if you ever saw that movie .... A Bronx ta=
le. There was a scene where these Hell's Angels motor cycle guys ride into =
the neighborhood and go into the hoodlums bar. They were asked to leave and=
 they said they would but then started to break up the bar. The word went o=
ut to the neighborhood and the boss comes back to the bar and says to the M=
otorcycle guys. "We asked you to leave politely and you didn't" " Now you c=
an't leave" =A0(click, .... the door is locked)

> > They were nice guys ..... then they weren't.
> >
> > So the bad guys beat up the bad guys.
> >
> > Which brings to mind that other story about a big weevil and a small we=
evil that somehow got on a sail boat setting out on a trans Pacific crossin=
g. There was only a limited amount of Weevil food available. So, the questi=
on is, which weevil survived the trip? =A0The answer is .... the smaller on=
e. Why? Because he was the lesser of two weevils.
>=20
> RHC: Well, as I see it, you have now become the group enforcer in the
> newsgroup. One can talk all one wants about being right,and exerting
> your right to be right in a vocal manner, but bottom line, you are the
> only one left who is taking others to task, and doing so in a
> sometimes vile manner. I thought we all (at least the few old timers
> left in the newsgroup) agreed to keep things focused more on security
> matters and less on who said or did what to whom (real or imaginary).
> Jesus...this group has only a spark of life left in it; for crying out
> loud....please....lets try to keep things civil, and act like adults.
>=20
> Hey.. if you want to turn your anger on me instead of Mark, feel free
> to do so ! For anything like that to have any effect, I have to care,
> and I don't !!  Nor do I suspect Mark does either !! But for Christ's
> sake, lets at least pretend we're professionals here and try to act
> like it - vastly differing opinions not withstanding !!
>=20
> You know, one small shove and I'm outta here permanently....I don't
> need to listen to this kind of "he said; she said" shit. It was bad
> when RLB was here, and now it's starting all over again. And maybe if
> Mark leaves as well, you'll  end up talking to yourself....  and what
> good is that !!

In view of that, it would obviously be the most intelligent conversation of=
 the day.