Re: Automatic fire sprinklers

In article
<31630eaa-97ac-4a4a-8206-4034a836ab5c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 Evan <evan.news.reply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Right, 20 people safe TODAY...
>
> Want to tell me how many fatalities there were from those
> electrocution
> accidents 30 or 40 years ago before they became required ?
>
> How far back did your statistical analysis go there Smitty ?
>
> ~~ Evan

I'll tell you what, Evan, you tell me how many people you *think* were
electrocuted (killed) in 1980 (30 yrs. ago) in their homes, in the
United States, by 120VAC. Then I'll see - no guarantees - whether I can
dig up the actual number. (Like I said, the number is so damn miniscule
that it's extremely hard to find.) I don't think there's one single
thing that accounts for fewer deaths. Not one.

G'head, give me your best guess.