Re: New batteries don't last like the old ones

In article <b43b8306-434c-40a4-989f-f5fcf2aa2c8c@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
	Jim <alarminex@xxxxxxx> writes:
> As far as Yuasa, they are back in business.

Was that a US thing?
I haven't noticed any absence of Yuasa in the UK.

I had a Yuasa 6AH battery (NP6-12) which was removed from a panel in
1995 as part of routing swapout, but which I hung on to. It was working
fine, driving a portable 12V lamp still with full capacity, until
about 3 months ago, when it suddenly died. Thought that was quite
good going.

OTOH, I removed a 5 year old 7AH Yuasa (NP7-12) from a panel about
a year ago, and found it only had 1AH capacity left. Not so impressed.

Not enough data points to be statistically significant though.

--
Andrew Gabriel