Re: First Alert FA-210 panel keeps beeping

You may read ie 12V up on the battery but it cannot provide the apropriate
current (amperage) in order to keep the panel alive. You can test the
battery by placing on the leads a 12V/50W spot light (lamp) and keep it ther
for 1'. If the light is bright after 1' the battery is propably ok. This is
a simple test.

? <dchou4u@xxxxxxxxxxx> ?????? ??? ??????
On Aug 25, 2:50 pm, "dcho...@xxxxxxxxxxx" <dcho...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Aug 25, 1:35 pm, ransley <Mark_Rans...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > On Aug 25, 2:39 pm, Dennis <dcho...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> > > Hi, I have a 10 year old First Alert FA-210 panel which shows LO BAT
> > > off and on, but there is no zone number info. Sometimes the panel will
> > > keep beeping until I press any key on the keypad to turn the beeping
> > > off. According to the manual, it says it is due to low system power
> > > condition. But I checked the AC power and it seems to be feeding the
> > > correct voltage to the control box. Any clue?
>
> > > Thanks
> > > Dennis
>
> > Good systems have backup batteries so a thief cant just disable the
> > power, or come by during a power outage, mine has a 12v lead acid
> > battery I can get at Ace, open the panel and see, and google for an
> > instruction manual.
>
> So does the board in the box run off the battery even when A/C power
> is functional? I always thought the board is running off the A/C power
> and the battery is used only when A/C power is disabled.
>
> Thanks again for all your help

By the way, I used a voltmeter to measure the voltage on the battery
and it seems OK. I measure the battery voltage with A/C power adapter
connected to the wall outlet.
Just wondering how the battery may be bad if the voltmeter indicates
an acceptable battery voltage at its leads.