Re: Got a Job Interview - Anyone heard of 'em?

"JoeRaisin" wrote in message

> New twist - the place I have been working this summer has a full-time,
> year-round position open.
>
> There's a good chance, but no guarantee that I'd get the job.  I really
> like this place and the job is great.  The money won't come anywhere near
> the high end my interviewer said could be possible - but it would be
> consistent and a little more then the low end.  I know I enjoy this job
> and there job security is solid - the place ain't going anywhere and you
> gotta screw up royal to get fired.
>
> Problem: The interview period is right in the middle of my 8 week training
> period which takes place just over two hours away from home.  I put in for
> the job but I'll have to flake out on my new job to get interviewed - that
> bothers me.
>
> I feel like I shouldn't accept this one if I'm trying for the other - is
> that stupid?  I mentioned on another forum that it feels like I'm trying
> to date two girls...
>
> Bird in the hand...
>
> Don't count your chickens...
>
> The grass is greener...
>
> Dang! I need a pithy saying that says, "screw it - go for both - to hell
> with conscience"

If you can go to school for the satellite job and also be able to interview
for the other, then that would be the best option.

These companies have no problem laying people off to make more money
(greed), to cut their health care (greed), etc. They have no conscience
lately when it comes to you!

(I would not have said that 30 years ago when companies were loyal to their
employees.)

If you would lose the satellite job by going to the interview for the other
job, then you would have a decision to make. One or the other. And you could
wind up with nothing! Life is not always easy...