Re: Seeking m/m adapter for a cam power cord

"nick markowitz" <nmarkowitz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> On Aug 3, 3:37 pm, Jim <alarmi...@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> On Aug 3, 12:39 am, "Bob La Londe" <nos...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>> > "Unused Classified" <strangw...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

>> > No kidding. They have less and less of much use. Just a meager stock of
>> > consumer electronics and three sales people who treat you like shit
>> > unless
>> > you want a new cell phone. I finally cut up my Radio Shack card and
>> > threw
>> > it away last year.-
>>
>> A RADIO SHACK CARD????
>>
>> What the hell is a Radio Shack card?
>>
>> Oh I know. I'll bet it's a secret pass to get GOOD service ......
>> Right? Then they allow you into the back room to see the GOOD and
>> quality producst, instead of the cheap junk on the displays on the
>> wall, out front. And the guy you talk to back there doesn't have one
>> sign of a pimple on his face.
>>
>> And now you're telling us that even THAT doesn't work anymore? OHHHHH
>> NOOOOOoooooooo!
>>
>> Well in that case I'm going to apply for a card and tear it up too.
>>
>> ( jus kidden ;-)
>
> Believe it or not there are people who actually collect that old
> Realistic and Micronta stuff from 50'-70'  radio shack sold.
> I have seen whole collections of it at peoples homes and offices. the
> old Heath Kit and hallicrafters and Elco stuff to is also now very
> collectible.

I don't know about collectible, but that old Heath kit stuff was awesome.
My dad built a bunch of the kits (TVs, amplifiers, etc) before they were
eaten by Zenith.  Our second personal computer was a Heathkit H89A with a
(after the Zenith acquisition) Z80 microprocessor.  It was amazing for its
day.  I wrote a lot of game code back then on it.  I think my dad still has
it.  Sitting right next to our first computer.  A Commodore Pet 2001.