Re: A "HUH" phone call

On Sep 3, 9:20=A0am, "Robert L Bass" <Sa...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Like newsgroup jerks, there are some customers you're better off without.
>
> --
>
> Regards,
> Robert L Bass

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D>
> Bass Home Electronics
> DIY Alarm and Home Automation Storehttp://www.bassburglaralarms.com
> Sales & Service 941-870-2310

RHC: Man oh man...isn't that the truth ! I've made it a point to dump
all the troublemakers over the years, but even then, there are still
some idiots that come back. I'm at the point in my business where I
lose a few customers and gain a few, for a small net gain over a year.
I tell customers leaving to call me to take out their alarm panel and
equipment if it's a high end system I installed. This will save them a
few bucks when I go to re-install it for them, or if they move out of
the area, with an new company. But real estate agents invariably
convince them to leave it in because it adds to the resale
attractiveness of the home, even though the new owner is not likely to
use it at all. I don't get one in 30 new owners that call me back even
though they have all the information and a good recommendation from
the previous owner. And I don't have time to chase the new owner in
any fashion (my choice...)

So the calls I get often go like this:

Customer: " My keypad is beeping and a trouble is showing, can you
come fix your system ?"

Me: " Sir, this system belongs to you, it's not mine. If you wish me
to hook it up properly to the alarm station, I'd be glad to come out
and set everything up for you"

Customer: "No, I just want it to stop beeping..."

Me: "Well sir, I don't service non monitored accounts in any
fashion...best just to power it down if it's bothering you"

Customer: Well, it's your system, come do it for me......you say you
give full service in your warranty"

Duh !! ...and it's downhill from there. Another casualty of the
"something for nothing environment" created by the free system
marketers !!

(thanks for listening....I feel better now....rant mode OFF..)