Re: Brinks & Broadview Takeovers

"tourman" <robercampbell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:956cfb50-17be-40a0-a14f-a3ff9c56d96b@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>There are
>literally dozens of new firms just in our city in the last several
>years, most of whom feel they can only succeed by steep discounting of
>everything. As we all know, this cheapens the market for everyone. The
>problem has become much worse with the downturn of the economy, with
>everyone looking for the cheapest pricing, and the lowest monitoring
>rate possible. At $15 monthly, I used to catch crap from other dealers
>over my pricing. Now it is only "middle of the road"..!

Do you not see the irony in your comments ?, when you originally priced your
services at $15/month other dealers apparently gave you crap for
discounting. Rightly or wrongly they probably put you in the category of
those who "feel they can only succeed by steep discounting".

You may provide a superior service at a lower price, I don't know, but what
I do know is that a percentage of your customers came to you not because of
your service, but because of your lower prices.

Other dealers apparently followed suit and lowered prices with the result
that the market in your area has now been cheapened for everyone.

Despite the fact that you may offer better service, you have contributed to
the lowering of prices in your area by pricing your services lower than the
going rate, and as such you should be one of the last to complain about the
"cheapening of the market" or about those looking for the lowest rate
possible.

Doug