Re: Telco / Cable company alarm jack connection problems

On Oct 4, 11:17=A0am, mleuck <m.le...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Oct 4, 9:15=A0am, tourman <robercampb...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> > A significant number of my trouble calls are from clients who's panels
> > are beeping because either the telephone company or the cable company
> > went in and during either an installation or conversion, messed up the
> > alarm system line connections. I'd like to know what other companies
> > are doing to resolve this, or how you handle calls like this.
>
> > The obvious way is to simply charge the client for a service call;
> > however, that seems somewhat unfair since it was caused by an outside
> > incompetent source. But when the client goes back and complains to the
> > phone or cable company, it might catch their attention. I'd really
> > like to get to the source of the problem and stop it (hell....five
> > minutes training on proper alarm jack wiring would solve it....)
>
> > I've also tried billing the phone company in the past, but that's an
> > impossibility, since they don't even acknowledge the bill. I doubt the
> > cable company would respond any differently.This might seem like an
> > obvious question, but I would like suggestions on how to approach this
> > large and growing problem.
>
> > Any SERIOUS suggestions ?
>
> I wish there was one, I've been dealing with that stuff for 20 years
> and you will never get it resolved. Sometimes they do it without
> realizing it and sometimes they do it intentionally and as you know
> you have no recourse but to do a service call.
>
> And yea you can spend 5 minutes training them however phone people
> don't hang around long at the job so you'll be spending ALL of your
> time training the next guy...then the next....

RHC: Absolutely right !! Most of the time they are gone long before
the client notices there is a problem. I could send a newsletter out,
but I seriously doubt it would make much difference. All my contact
numbers are on the panel in clear site, so really there is no excuse.
It's when I see the alarm connection  cut and just hanging there, that
I have to think this is deliberate sabotage sometimes as you say....

You know, I worked in big business for many years, and one thing I
learned was that a complaint is like a ball of smelly turd. If you
send it to the top, it rolls downhill and makes a big splash along the
way, and often gets results. However, if you push the turdball uphill
from the bottom, it "erodes" along the way, and ends up at the top
smelling like roses, and achieves nothing. I think I'm going to go
right to the top of each of these organizations and raise the issue in
a very factual way to see if something can't be done. I bitch a lot
about problems so I guess I better back it up with action.

I'm still open to suggestions, and I'll let you know how it goes.
However, based on my experience, don't anyone hold their
breathe......:))