Re: More alarm questions.

JediSpork@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I decided to try out one of the glass breaks last night.  I left it on
> max sensitivity while watching movies with the stereo turned up to a
> fair volume. Working ok for me so far.
>
> I gave it the test by banging on the patio door and shaking my keys
> and was able to set it off once with that method. What did easily set
> it off for me was when I moved it and sat it on the table. I realize
> they are normally not moved but if a vibration like that can set it
> off I'm worried about thunderstorms.
>
> My lynx does not have a night stay option. As I learn more about
> alarms I will take your advice and upgrade to the vista 20. Is
> programming fairly similar? Its a great relief to know that all these
> expensive wireless sensors will be compatible.
> Family would be very happy to receive my lynx when I do upgrade so its
> not exactly a waste of money either.

It is basically the same platform, with the exception of some different
fields, programming is the same.  User operation is identical as well.

> I was still wondering what are the report codes for when adding
> transmitters?

The others had got it.  As long as the first digit isn't a zero that
zone will be sent to the central station in the event of an alarm.  So
when you do get monitoring ensure ALL zones get that first digit changed
or your system could be in alarm and central station won't get the signal.

> My system should be ready for monitoring in about 2 weeks once my
> phone line is installed and I'm happy with the glass breaks. Are there
> any ways to conceal the phone box? I thought about planting a few
> bushes in front of it. We have underground lines in our area. Another
> future project will be to install some kind of buzzer if the phone
> line is cut.

Get the demarc off the outside of the house and you won't have to worry
about it.  You can also get a cellular back up.  Alarmnet is compatible
with your line of equipment and can send individual alarm signals just
like the land line.  Just make sure your replacement panel is ECP
capable.  It'll work without it but not nearly as smooth.

> If the alarm is tripped and the police come out how do they respond?
> I'm assuming they do some sort of walk around and check for forced
> entry. If everything appears safe and sound will they still break into
> your house to verify? I will be using alarm relay. I was also hoping
> that after calling the police the alarm company would contact me.

You will want to discuss this with your monitoring company.  Make sure
you understand precisely what their response will be for each type of
alarm they receive.

> thanks again for taking the time to respond. I'm actually having a lot
> of fun while trying to make my home safer.

Good Luck